Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wake Up and smell a Muslim America!


By Alison Royer


I recently tried to figure out what a Muslim is and I was surprised by my findings.  THEY'RE NOT ALL TRYING TO KILL US!  My misconceptions brought me some hope and I thought perhaps I should go on to deflate some common misperceptions about Americans!  I did a little research in order to fully understand how we are viewed by the rest of the world.  I hope that my investigation brings us one step closer to peace.

#1 Americans are fat.  Ah ha ha ha ha.  See?  This is so silly!  Stop judging the forest by the trees you crazy Muslims!  Fat?!  Ugh…I get it.  You're talking about thisthis and this. Why don't you open your minds Muslims!  That's not all we're about!  As a nation, we are fit and realistic about body image.  

#2 Americans are a gun loving, violent culture.  Whoa Muslim friends!  Take it easy!  Those are big words coming from a bunch of terrorists!  Wait…sorry, that came out wrong.  Obviously you're not all terrorists.  You are a peaceful community that is misunderstood by the outside world.  Well Muslims, we are too.  We don't all love guns ok?  Quite frankly, you have nothing to back that up. 

#3 Americans are arrogant, boastful and think of themselves as "The World's Police."  HOW DARE YOU!  WE ARE FIGHTING FOR YOUR FREEDOM.  YOU'D ALL BE DEAD IF IT WASN'T FOR US!  YOU'RE WELCOME!

Phew…wow…ok, I can see that things got a little out of hand there.  But it's hard when you're FIGHTING FOR PEACE!  I just want us to be happy Muslim world!  I'm not great at relationships but I'm going to try harder.  You are important to me.  Please don't murder me and my family.  Ugh... I love you Muslims. 

No comments:

Post a Comment