Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Commit a crime and don't like the punishment? Just reject it...Iraqi style.



By Alison Royer

This is fucking awesome.  Al Jazeera reports, "Iraq's vice-president [Tareq al-Hashemi] has rejected his death sentence given by a Baghdad criminal court that found him guilty of masterminding the killing of two people."

I mean…are you allowed to just do that?  Like if I'm cruising around West Hollywood in my Daewoo and I get arrested for a D.U.I., can I just pull an al-Hashemi and be like, "I do not accept this arrest."?  Or does this only apply to murder? 

To be fair, this clown was sentenced to death by hanging and I'm not trying to be stickler or anything but this shit strikes me as reaaaallll old school.  Not only should al-Hashemi reject it, Iraq should reject it.  Two Words: Electric. Chair. 

Regardless, it sounds like democracy is totally killing it in the Middle East.  

No comments:

Post a Comment