Monday, November 5, 2012

Qatar Hero!



By Allison Royer

Does anybody know what Qatar is?  Me neither but I am determined to get to the bottom of it because I keep seeing Qatar's saucy little face coming up in the news and I demand answers.

First of all, it turns out that Qatar is a country which I find to be absolutely shocking.  What's more, Forbes named Qatar's happy ass one of the wealthiest countries in the world.  Turns out the whole place is run by the Al-Thani family, and these motherfuckers have been running the joint since 1825.  Guess where they get their money?  Oil…shocking.

After reading this, I was all ready to hate Qatar.  Me = Stupid American.  Oil + Muslim = Bad.  But get this – Qatar spends its time attempting to brand itself as a peaceful and neutral world power!  These Qatarians are hanging on by a thread!  Look where they are!  You think they wanna get eaten back up by Saudi Arabia?!  They're free!  They're happy!  They wanna spread the love!

Qatar, I love you.  You seem nice and I want to get to know you better.  I'm sorry I didn't realize you were a country.  Thank you for letting women in your country vote.  I salute you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment