Thursday, November 15, 2012

Crazy. Married. Young.


By Alison Royer


DAMN IT WORLD!  It's always greener isn't it?  While I schlep around America trying to trick men into marrying me, these young, impressionable, Saudi girls are getting married off before they've even reached the driving age (well, technically they'll never reach the driving age seeing as women in Saudi Arabia aren't allowed to drive but you get my drift.) 

My point here is that these girls lack freedom in their lives.  They lack even the simplest freedom – choosing the man they're going to marry.  Yet here I sit, freedoms galore, wishing someone could just assign a man to me so that I would no longer have to endure all the work that goes into choosing. 

I'm not sure if I should be grateful for the liberties I receive daily merely by living in America, or if I should be jealous as shit that these bitches married rich.  Ugh…

No comments:

Post a Comment