Monday, October 1, 2012

Bad Parenting...Abu Dhabi style!




By Alison Royer

When I read this story, I was horrified.  The piece reveals how a mentally-challenged boy was basically held captive by his barbarian father in Abu Dhabi.  As I continued reading, it occurred to me, "He's not mentally-challenged!  That mother fucker is starving!"

Of course if this kid is mentally-challenged it makes the story all the worse.  But realistically he was relegated to a make-shift prison, starved, refused a toilet, and left alone for days at a time.  I have a pizza that probably won't get here for another 30 minutes and honestly, if anyone comes to my door sans pizza prior to that, I may not react as sanely as I'd like myself to be otherwise regarded.  I’m just sayin' we maybe need to get a chromosome check before we go slappin people with mental disorders.

Ugh…I'm starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment