Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ahmedinanutjob!


By Alison Royer

I just wanna focus on Iranian President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for a minute.  I basically love him.

Ahmadinejad Quote: "In Iran, we don’t have homosexuals like in your country. We don’t have that in our country. In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I do not know who has told you that we have it."

Fun Fact!  Iran has between 15,000 and 20,000 transsexuals, according to official statistics, although unofficial estimates put the figure at up to 150,000.  Maybe the transsexuals aren't gay?!  That must be it because I'm pretty sure Mahmoud wouldn't lie to me.

Ahmadinejad Quote: "In Iran I think nobody loses their job because of making a statement that reflects their opinion. From this point of view, conditions in Iran are far better than in many other places in the world."

Fun Fact! They recently blocked Google in Iran.  Google!  If I didn't have access to Google, I'd probably think my conditions were pretty great too. 

Ahmadinejad Quote: "For this reason, the expansion of relations with all countries is on the agenda of the Islamic Republic of Iran. I mean balanced relationships, based on mutual respect and observation of each other's rights."

Fun Fact!  Iran has severed all diplomatic and commercial ties with Israel, and its government does not recognize Israel as a country and refers to its government as the "Zionist regime." 

Oh Iran…you tricky bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment